Incorrect subtotals on the cards

Options

Hi There,

I have this table on a card in Domo where the Average Wage = Labor Cost / Labor Hrs. The Avg wage is being calculated correctly in all the top 8 rows but in the subtotal row (highlighted in green at bottom) Avg Wage is being calculated as sum of all row's average wage, instead I would like to view it as 467137.17/26287.36 = $ 17.77 instead of $142.54

Is it possible to update it on the card for subtotals in chart properties?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Dev_ Subtotals of ratio calculations can show an unexpected result if the beast mode does not specify the aggregation. So, if your beast mode is Labor Cost / Labor Hrs it is calculating the ratio for each row individually and the subtotal aggregates the results. If you want your subtotal to represent the ratio of the other columns' subtotals, then you will need to aggregate each component individually within your beast mode like this: SUM(Labor Cost) / SUM(Labor Hrs)

Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Options

This should be achievable. What is your Beast Mode formula right now?

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Dev_ Subtotals of ratio calculations can show an unexpected result if the beast mode does not specify the aggregation. So, if your beast mode is Labor Cost / Labor Hrs it is calculating the ratio for each row individually and the subtotal aggregates the results. If you want your subtotal to represent the ratio of the other columns' subtotals, then you will need to aggregate each component individually within your beast mode like this: SUM(Labor Cost) / SUM(Labor Hrs)

• Dev_
    Dev_ Member
    Options

@MichelleH I was missing the SUM in my beast mode. Corrected it and it works!!! . Thank you so much.