Trying to create visuals like PBI in DOMO

Options

Hello,

I am in the process of exploring Domo visuals and charting. I am familiar with other visualization tools but want to see how I can do the same on Domo.

Can someone guide me in achieving the visual I have created earlier on other tool.

Motto is to see,

1. How I can achieve it.
  2. What are the major differences I benefit from this.
  3. What more customizations I can do on Domo. As , I was really impressed with Magic ETL already :)

I have been trying to create the visuals but failing to rearrange in this manner. Also, I am planning to add some solid color ribbon type header on the top and bottom of the page to write some information like - about the data/some key points.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited February 8 Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome to Domo! Here are the steps to accomplish what you are hoping to do:
    1. Click the + icon in the top right of Domo and select "Dashboard"

2. Over on the right side of the screen you'll see icons representing the various objects you can add to a dashboard, select the one that says "card" and click and drag into the dashboard.
    3. Click "add content" and either select an existing card you've already created or create a new one
    4. When creating a new card, select "visualization" from the new card options
    5. The card type for the single value cards across the top of your screenshot are called "Single Value" and are in the Popular Chart Types when in card analyzer view.

6. The gauge cards beneath your single value cards are called Filled Gauge and are also in chart types under Popular.
    7. The final chart in your screenshot is a line chart, also in Popular chart types.
    8. Create all of these visualizations and add them to your new dashboard and arrange to your liking.
    9. To add a solid ribbon with text select the text or header elements from the dashboard object ribbon on the right side of dashboard editor (similar to step 2).
    10. If you do not see dashboard editor after your steps above, click the wrench in the top right of the page and then select "edit dashboard"

If you get stuck let me know!

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited February 8 Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome to Domo! Here are the steps to accomplish what you are hoping to do:
    1. Click the + icon in the top right of Domo and select "Dashboard"

2. Over on the right side of the screen you'll see icons representing the various objects you can add to a dashboard, select the one that says "card" and click and drag into the dashboard.
    3. Click "add content" and either select an existing card you've already created or create a new one
    4. When creating a new card, select "visualization" from the new card options
    5. The card type for the single value cards across the top of your screenshot are called "Single Value" and are in the Popular Chart Types when in card analyzer view.

6. The gauge cards beneath your single value cards are called Filled Gauge and are also in chart types under Popular.
    7. The final chart in your screenshot is a line chart, also in Popular chart types.
    8. Create all of these visualizations and add them to your new dashboard and arrange to your liking.
    9. To add a solid ribbon with text select the text or header elements from the dashboard object ribbon on the right side of dashboard editor (similar to step 2).
    10. If you do not see dashboard editor after your steps above, click the wrench in the top right of the page and then select "edit dashboard"

If you get stuck let me know!

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above