Magic ETL Organization Tiles

Fatias
Fatias Member
edited August 2023 in Magic ETL Ideas

Would be nice to have a feature to add a box around several tiles in order to organise better the dataflow. Sometimes we have a complex dataflow with several business logic and a lot of tiles, and it would be easier to identify the several steps with that boxes.

An example of that is like the one in Unreal Engine:

Tagged:
20 votes

In Backlog · Last Updated

As a Magic user myself, this is one of my most desired features as well. I have it in my backlog. I feel like I've been seeing a lot of noise around this since picking up the PM role, though, so I will be reviewing this again for roadmap inclusion soon.

Comments

• This is another idea that has been requested time and again. I think @Ashleigh has requested it a lot previously. (If it was someone else, oops!)

I find myself wanting it SO OFTEN!

Addendum to the screenshot above - I would like to see it not necessarily fully detach the sections, but to simply be able to identify sections and note what is happening in that section. It would also be cool if those sections could then be moved around together, but not a deal breaker.

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Yes I have mentioned it a few times! Even just being able to box things in and maybe highlight them a bit would be a step in the right direction. Remember when tiles didn't have notes? haha we have come a long way!

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• This would be great!

• As a Magic user myself, this is one of my most desired features as well. It was one of the first things to go on my "want it soon" backlog when I took over the Magic PM role this year. I feel like I've been seeing a lot of noise around this again recently, so I will be reviewing this again for roadmap inclusion soon.

Domo Product Manager for Data Transformation (MagicETL)