How can I get vertical scroll bars on charts?

PJG
PJG Member

For instance, I have a Gantt chart, with let's say 100 rows, but I want the card size to only show 20 at once, then have the user scroll vertically to see more. Is this possible?

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@PJG You could request the dashboard scroll functionality in the Ideas Exchange so the product team can see it. However, it also worth considering whether scrolling through 100 rows on a dashboard is going to be impactful to a data consumer

Answers

• @PJG I don't think this is possible using a Gantt chart. If you want to make such a large Gantt chart more readable, I'd suggest setting up quick filters with certain values pre-selected so that the card defaults to the most relevant view (i.e. Task Status, Current Project Phase, Task Assignees, etc.)

• PJG
    PJG Member
    edited May 2023

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the response. That's incredibly disappointing, as I know we can have vertical scroll bars on other card types; tables for instance.

EDIT: I do see that the Gantt chart gets a scroll bar when the expand button is clicked, but not directly on the dashboard unfortunately.

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@PJG You could request the dashboard scroll functionality in the Ideas Exchange so the product team can see it. However, it also worth considering whether scrolling through 100 rows on a dashboard is going to be impactful to a data consumer