Filtering table by selecting from chart - or showing hover text

I have a dataset with data along the lines of:

UserID - Order Date - Order Number - Customer Name - User Purchase # etc.

I have a chart to show first time purchases by users (where user Purchase # = '1'). and then a table below to provide more information on the customer. Is there a way to filter the table by the users when I click on a particular par? For example, if I click on the 2022-Dec bar in the "First time purchases by Users", is there a way to filter the table below by just those two users?

Or... is there a way to provide the UserID/information in the hover text? I tried using ToolTips and it blew up my chart...

I ha

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Your bar chart is being aggregated so when you attempted to add in user information it included all records as it now had to deal with the additional user information to group on. When you click on the 2022-Dec in your First-time purchasers Domo only knows about the value you selected which is the date. It doesn't know about the first-time purchasers to filter your table below. You'd need to have another table for just first-time purchasers.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Your bar chart is being aggregated so when you attempted to add in user information it included all records as it now had to deal with the additional user information to group on. When you click on the 2022-Dec in your First-time purchasers Domo only knows about the value you selected which is the date. It doesn't know about the first-time purchasers to filter your table below. You'd need to have another table for just first-time purchasers.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**