DOMO Org API

Options
PattyCakes
PattyCakes Member
edited March 4 in Datasets Ideas

Leverage domo's company organization to get user's peers, users that report to them, and users that they report to.

Currently User API and Group API does not get a company hierarchy. Having the ability to get some one's manager or to get a list of users that reports to some one would be extremely useful for a lot of applications.

Tagged:
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• cadellfalconer
    cadellfalconer Contributor
    Options

@PattyCakes thanks for the idea.
    Is this something you'd want to use in custom Domo apps for use inside Domo, or for something that lives outside of Domo such as a script or something running on a server outside of Domo?

Cadell Falconer
    Domo - Senior Technical Product Manager
    Ecosystem, Domo Free & Office Addins
  • DataMaven
    Options

@cadellfalconer - This is something that should be readily available - probably as a DomoStats Dataset, just like Users and Groups are. I would assume the endpoint has to already exist, since the data populates the org chart UI in Domo.

And…of course…it would be brill if this could be used in PDP so that access could be granted based on reporting structure, but I know that's a whole other thing. lol

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • cadellfalconer
    cadellfalconer Contributor
    Options

@DataMaven - The end points certainly do exist.
    They are "product" (some times referred to as "secret" by some people) APIs. That means they are restricted by origin. So today, they can only be used for scripting/server side.

As for Domostats, I agree with you, it would be awesome if they could be included there - it was actually the first place I went to check if they already existed in. And if it was in Domostats/datasets, you'd be able to call the dataset API to get the info too. I'm going to move this idea to Datasets.

Cadell Falconer
    Domo - Senior Technical Product Manager
    Ecosystem, Domo Free & Office Addins