Silent Updates

Ashleigh
Ashleigh Coach
edited March 13 in Global Ideas

Domo loves to put out silent updates and not tell anyone. A perfect example is this new analyzer update where columns being used in Analyzer now have a drop-down menu. It is very buggy and does not seem to be applied to all instances. I now have one instance still with the X to remove the feature and one where you have to click the drop-down (if you can actually get it to work) and then click remove.

Would be AWESOME if Domo has a place for ALL updates, perhaps in the Dojo? Where we could see small changes like this that do not get featured in the release notes.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Tagged:
26 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Agreed, This can tie in with https://dojo.domo.com/main/discussion/comment/55344 to get release notes in general (for all things being released not just the major big flashy things).

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • bdetcher
    bdetcher Member
    edited September 2022

We've noticed this last update seems to have made accessing BeastModes a bit slower as well.

• @bdetcher all of analyzer is slow for me, can't even get filters to apply.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• This update seems like a step backward. It makes removing fields much harder. If there's an additional drop-down menu it would be great to have an EDIT button (if it's a beast mode) right from the dropdown instead of having to go back to the field selector and re-find the beastmode already being used in the chart.

• This update is definitely a step backwards in my opinion. I've asked my Domo rep to roll it back to the previous method.

• @RobynLinden and I reached out to the Analyzer PM about this and he informed us an update should be coming soon.

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor

We love DOMO, and it would be SO helpful to have minor release notes when small things like this change! You may think that no one will read them, but trust me, THIS crowd will definitely read them!! I wish I could upvote this a million times.

• Also notice that you can no longer drag in a column that is being used as a filter. Previously if I had a table I would always drag in columns that were being used in sort/filter (it's just faster then finding it in the list of columns). I am now noticing this no longer works.

• n8isjack
    n8isjack Contributor

HUGE fans of Domo here... but who even asked for this? I don't get how it is better. It isn't easier. It isn't clearer.

...it isn't the end of the world. But it is no small frustration I feel when using it now.

I'm guessing there was a reason, but for my team this is not helpful.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • This might be a separate topic, but, I find it frustrating while editing a Dashboard that I have to exit to edit items, like Drill Paths, that I can edit the Card, Content, Remove it, but not actually get to the Edit Card menu options I have while NOT editing the dashboard.

just my $0.02 worth...

Rich