Bulk Credential Changes

DataMaven
DataMaven Coach
edited March 14 in Connectors Ideas

The simplest use case for this request is when someone leaves the company.

Let's say someone owns all of the Salesforce datasets, and they leave the company. There is currently no way to change the credential driving all of those datasets.

Even if the functionality arises where the admin can change that ownership, it would be much more secure to change the credentials datasets are pointing to in bulk. This becomes a very big issue when there are dozens of datasets that need to be repointed.

If functionality emerges whereby credentials can be group-owned, that still won't solve the issue because some will not be group owned, and the capability is needed to transition datasets in bulk to another credential.

DataMaven
Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
**Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Tagged:
11 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• In your example, are you referring to the Salesforce credentials (i.e. "Accounts" in the Data Center) or the Domo credentials?

Assuming you're referring to the Accounts it would be helpful to be able to change the owner of the Account (as opposed to sharing) and so they can enter their own credentials if need be. That way all the datasets using that Account are updated at one time with limited disruption.

• That's exactly where I am going with that! 👍️

I am in a credential nightmare right now. Hundreds of datasets where the credentials belong to about a dozen former employees. Can't delete the users because their profiles own credentials, and the ownership can't be changed. Ownership of everything else is simple to change in the offboarding process.

DataMaven
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • This seems like a pretty significant business continuity issue. The only way around it I can think of would be to create a dummy Domo user dedicated to owning these dataset accounts, but that's not ideal if you have limited licenses.

• @MichelleH - that's exactly what I am working on doing. It will be a pain for everyone, but will hopefully help.

DataMaven