Conditional formatting in pivot tables

Hello folks, hope all is well!

I have 2 tricky questions:

1) is there a way to achieve conditional formating in pivot tables (I'm tracking daily/weekly/monthly changes so it would be beneficial to highlight the direction of change).

2) what would be the way to do calculations, e.g. June vs July = -5000 visitors, so to show that in separate column + red for negative, green for positive change; 

p.s. I know the standard tables allow a bit of HTML but don't think it applies to PIVOT tables?

Thank you in advance,

Sandis

Comments

• I do not believe Pivot Tables support HTML formatting, so any conditional formatting would have to be applied via color rules in the UI.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Sandis
    Sandis Member

Thanks for the straight answer, will need to do calculations in SQL then, just worried the maintenance will grow into a big tripping area. 

• I don't recommend doing your POP calcs in ETL as it will limit extensibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDKNOmKClms&t=205s

Instead, my recommendation would be to stack the data as demonstrated in this tutorial.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.