Using Latest Batch ID or Batch date

I have seen complicated ways to just use the latest data within a dataset - and I couldnt understand how to set them up.  

does anyone have a simple way to just use the last batch data?

Currently I am just filtering to BATCH_ID Greater or equal to and entering latest number, obviously when the batches run I then have a few figures listed and manually change the lastest number again, that way I dont loose the old data but can see when a new batch has run.

Thanks

Best Answer

• DDalt
    DDalt Member
    Answer ✓

@Simon_King 

I never got a notification that you responded! Bummer!

Okay, I have added a few more points in bold for what will hopefully make it more clear.

When you read the steps I outlined, go ahead and type out the SQL statements manually instead of copying and pasting from the Word document.

I have shown where if you start typing the input data set name, DOMO will suggest an option with a green icon. I hope this helps!

Answers

• Jarvis
    Jarvis Domo Employee

Hi there,

Assuming your Batch Id is a numeric value you could use a beast mode that might look like 

MAX(`Batch ID`)

Change 'Batch ID' for the name of your actual column

And then in your card place that beast mode you've created as a filter. There is a list of supported beast modes and their functions here.

https://knowledge.domo.com/Visualize/Adding_Cards_to_Domo/KPI_Cards/Transforming_Data_Using_Beast_Mode/02Beast_Mode_Functions_Reference_Guide

Jarvis

• Hi, Unfortunately this does not work. I have a running figure of about 100 every batch run.  If I put the card table columns as the 'MFA required' and this filter, the data I get is - a total of all 'MFA required' batches and the Max batch number.  I am trying to just show the last figure (which is currently 115). I am currently having to seperate by batch last run date and time but also add a filter of batch ID >

• Am I correct in assuming that your original data set is updating using the "Append" method? If yes, I think we can get you what you need with a SQL data flow.

I have attached a Word document with an example that I hope will help you get the data you need.

Let us know if this works or if you need a little more tailored solution

• I have tried to create one of these but is doesnt seem to recognise my dataset name!

This displays as "InfoSec O365 MFA Summary" and also when selected shows as "infosec_o365_mfa_summary"

I have tried both and neither are recognised in the SQL statements

Simon 

• DDalt
    DDalt Member
    Answer ✓

@Simon_King 

I never got a notification that you responded! Bummer!

Okay, I have added a few more points in bold for what will hopefully make it more clear.

When you read the steps I outlined, go ahead and type out the SQL statements manually instead of copying and pasting from the Word document.

I have shown where if you start typing the input data set name, DOMO will suggest an option with a green icon. I hope this helps!

• t thanks, That worked ?

This discussion has been closed.