Domo Beast Mode/Data Flow

Hello,

I currently have a column in my data set that is numerical called "session duration" with values ranging from 0 to 45,000 (in seconds). I want to be able to create a new column that does value mapping for values > 10 to be identified as "Greater than 10" and values < 10 to be identified as "Less than 10". Currently, I am able to do this using this formula:

(CASE
WHEN `Session Duration` > 10 THEN 'GTHEN'
ELSE 'LTHEN'
END)

Now I would like to use this calculation to return the  % of total for each the count of category, so a pivot table would show me the % of total of gthen/lthen per month of the year. 

Best Answer

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor
    Answer ✓

In addition to what @NewsomSolutions said, if doing it in a table or pivote table you might be able to leverage a formula like this.

SUM((CASE
    WHEN `Session Duration` > 10 THEN 1
    ELSE 0
    END))

/

COUNT(`ID`)

I'm not sure exactly what sort of "Categories" you're talking about because you don't really mention it but here's an example where we have durations stats and each row pertains to a color. The calculation shows that when the category is "Blue" the session duration is over 10 60% of the time (3/5), when the category is "Red" the session duration is over 10 40% of the time (2/5). 

Test Dataset

Dojo Help 1.JPG

Dojo Help 3.JPG

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**

Answers

• NewsomSolutions
    NewsomSolutions Domo Employee

I'm guessing you're asking how to do this?  One way you could do it is use a single bar chart, then in the data label settings use the percent of total macro to show % that is gthen and % that is lthen from the total.

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor
    Answer ✓

In addition to what @NewsomSolutions said, if doing it in a table or pivote table you might be able to leverage a formula like this.

SUM((CASE
    WHEN `Session Duration` > 10 THEN 1
    ELSE 0
    END))

/

COUNT(`ID`)

I'm not sure exactly what sort of "Categories" you're talking about because you don't really mention it but here's an example where we have durations stats and each row pertains to a color. The calculation shows that when the category is "Blue" the session duration is over 10 60% of the time (3/5), when the category is "Red" the session duration is over 10 40% of the time (2/5). 

Test Dataset

Dojo Help 1.JPG

Dojo Help 3.JPG

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
  • guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor

@user16945 were you able to sort this out?

• yes

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor

If one of use provided the correct solution can you mark it as the solution, if not can you post what you did to resolve it and mark it as the solution so other people who stumble across this can see what resolved it if they have a similar issue? Glad to hear you figured it out.