enabling embedded App Studio app to have export functionality

We use domo everywhere currently using dashboards and like the design flexibility that App Studio brings but there is currently no option to add the export functions to embedded apps.

Adding this even at card level would be a real improvement

20 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

This has been released! Check the 'Allow exports' option when embedding an app.

Comments

• I agree. Our users export data from our embedded pages as well and not having this will slow our movement towards App Studio.

• This looks like a duplicate of my request:

Just adding this here so votes can be combined.

• LeeJo
    LeeJo Member

100% agree. I'm completely ready to move to apps (Huge fan of the aesthetic controls), but this is causing a lot of hesitancy. If I do so now, I'll also need to add multiple links to various dashbaords/cards for users to export, instead of just doing it natively. Seems like a hassle.

• Airwon
    Airwon Member

I agree. We won't/can't use the app without the ability for the user to export the data.

• This is a deal breaker for my company. I built an app with 4 pages in the App Studio only to find out that there is no way to share the embedded cards at all. Then what's the point of the embedded app if it cannot be shared? Very frustrating. Sharing is a basic functionality feature, it is present on the Domo side in the App Studio. I don't quite understand why it is still not available on the embedded app. My request to Domo admins - please provide an update when this feature is going to be added. We need it ASAP!

• This is a deal breaker for my company. I built an app with 4 pages in the App Studio only to find out that there is no way to share the embedded cards at all. Then what's the point of the embedded app if it cannot be shared? Very frustrating. Sharing is a basic functionality feature, it is present on the Domo side in the App Studio. I don't quite understand why it is still not available on the embedded app. My request to Domo admins - please provide an update when this feature is going to be added. We need it ASAP!

• Nick12
    Nick12 Member

Is there an update on when this functionality is going to be released?

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    edited August 19

@Taurance @Nick12 export at card level on apps from app studio can be enabled by making a simple call to your instance api.

It involves making a PUT request to this url (but for your own instance). This URL can be found in the network tab of dev tools when enabling embed on the app. The instance and number will be unique to your instance.

https://yourinstance.domo.com/api/content/v1/pages/embed/1899398378/state

You can then send

{
    "publicLink": "PRIVATE",
    "title": true,
    "interactions": true,
    "filters": true,
    "dataExport": true,
    "scheduledReport": false,
    "dataMaximization": true,
    "persistFilters": false,
    "openLinksInNewTab": true,
    "entityType": "DATA_APP"
    }

To that endpoint which will enable the export.

• @Jones01 Thank you for the idea!