Json Connector to only run when data is pushed to it.

varnitsingh
varnitsingh Member
edited August 2023 in Connectors Ideas

Currently, there is no option to change the schedule for the JSON WebHook connector.

Since this impacts the billing when the connector is running every 15 minutes regardless if data is pushed to it, I'm suggesting an option to toggle when we want the json connector to only run when data is pushed to it.

Tagged:
3 votes

Recommended Workaround · Last Updated

@varnitsingh - unfortunately, there isn't a way for the connector to run only when the webhook pushes data. However, we now offer the option to select how often the webhook connector runs, so you are no longer limited to every 15mins. The max frequency you can schedule the connector is once a day.

Comments

• Tasleema
    Tasleema Domo Product Manager

@varnitsingh - I'd like to make sure I understand your use case. Do you know when the source system will push data? I.e., do you know that the source system will push data on a lower frequency than 15mins or on a specific schedule?

• RobB
    RobB Domo Employee

I'm reading the recommended workaround. I just created two of these connectors today and neither had scheduling options.

• Tasleema
    Tasleema Domo Product Manager

I jumped the gun on this. The feature will be GA in the July customer release. If you need it earlier, send me the instance name and I'll have it turned on.