NUMBER_FORMAT function

Please consider the implementation of a NUMBER_FORMAT function in Beast Mode in the same vein that we have DATE_FORMAT and TIME_FORMAT. This would take a number, and based on parameters, format the number (add thousand separator commas, percent sign, currency sign).

Numerous discussions have been had in the forums about how to use Beast Mode to add commas, dollar signs, percent signs in summary numbers, or in table cards.

As much as I love @GrantSmith a 67 line beast mode to add thousands separator commas feels like a workaround of a solution to a relatively common problem. In addition, I have had to write even more cumbersome Beast Mode statements to satisfy requests when working with the Variables Product when for example, one metric is a currency and the other is a percentage.

30 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Thanks for sharing your idea! We're currently reviewing it for future enhancements. Stay tuned for updates! 👍

Comments

• kp13
    kp13 Member

This beast mode functionality is very much desired!!

Any ideas when we will be able to see this available?

• hannah_worsham
    edited June 3

This would be a GAME CHANGER!! Its so tedious to have to add this formatting in one-by-one. If there is a way to change formatting in columns and instead use a beast mode, that would speed up the process on 20+ column cards. Could also expand the reach to better include financial statements.

• penegron
    penegron Member

This would be fantastic!

• Amarchica
    Amarchica Member

This indeed would be very helpful. I would use this often. Please make it happen!

• I can already think of several past dashboards I've built that would greatly benefit from this - would love for this to be brought to life!!

• please do this, major upvote, much needed…