Last Year To Date formula

Options

I need to measure sales at the Year To Date and compare sales to Last Year To Date.

What is the date formula to get Last Year To Date?

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

When doing Period over Period analysis I recommend restructuring your data to make visualizing your data easier. I've done a write up on this previously here:

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I will often do a formula like this that I drag into the filters section to get year to date values from previous years.

CASE WHEN DAYOFYEAR(datefield) < = DAYOFYEAR(CURRENT_DATE()) THEN 'Include' ELSE 'Exclude' END

In the filters section, I filter to Include which will filter out any rows that are later in the year.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

When doing Period over Period analysis I recommend restructuring your data to make visualizing your data easier. I've done a write up on this previously here:

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I will often do a formula like this that I drag into the filters section to get year to date values from previous years.

CASE WHEN DAYOFYEAR(datefield) < = DAYOFYEAR(CURRENT_DATE()) THEN 'Include' ELSE 'Exclude' END

In the filters section, I filter to Include which will filter out any rows that are later in the year.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.