Having Multiple Group By tiles?

Options

I am looking to have two separate groupings in one ETL. Is there a way to do this without having to use two Group By tiles?

Also I no longer see the minimum aggregate option for my new column. Do I now have to use the Min() formula?

Best Answers

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@TC1199A

• To have 2 independent groupings (Group By) , you will definitely need 2 separate grouping tiles
    • The reason why Minimum and Maximum is not showing up in the aggregation type is due to the field type you are using. Min and Max option only show when aggregating not TEXT fields… if you use an INTEGER , TIMESTAMP, FLOATING DECIMAL or any other different to TEXT, the min and max option will be available

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@TC1199A you will have to combine the data either by APPEND or JOIN depending of your needs.

Domo Arigato!

Answers

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@TC1199A

• To have 2 independent groupings (Group By) , you will definitely need 2 separate grouping tiles
    • The reason why Minimum and Maximum is not showing up in the aggregation type is due to the field type you are using. Min and Max option only show when aggregating not TEXT fields… if you use an INTEGER , TIMESTAMP, FLOATING DECIMAL or any other different to TEXT, the min and max option will be available

Domo Arigato!

• TC1199A
    TC1199A Member
    Options

@Godiepi Once I have my second Group by tile i should use a join correct?

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@TC1199A you will have to combine the data either by APPEND or JOIN depending of your needs.

Domo Arigato!

• TC1199A
    TC1199A Member
    Options

@Godiepi It looks like it is working now. However, I want to also include the rest of my columns from my input dataset and not just the ones from the two groupings. How should I go about adding these back in?