Fix HTTP 413 Errors when logging into multiple instances

Options

For those of us that need to log into multiple Domo instances during our day, we will often get greeted with this error.

The fix is to close your browser completely and then you can log back into your Domo instance. This is a very frustrating issue, particularly when you have multiple tabs open comparing things in multiple instances. You seem to be limited to only 3 or 4 instances before the issue comes up and renders are instances useless in your browser.

Please fix this so that there is not a limit on how many instances you are logged into in your browser.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
**Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
8 votes

In Review · Last Updated

A couple of things to look at here: 1. the specific error 2. central identity Thanks!

Comments

• BenSchein
    BenSchein Contributor
    Options

@MarkSnodgrass I am in the same boat. I usaully do a new incognito window. We can look into it but may be nature of some of the use of cookies. We are looking at adding a Switch Instance option to the navigation we are working on (like we have in Mobile app) so that might make this all a bit easier too.

• MarkSnodgrass
    edited February 23
    Options

@BenSchein I'm glad you are in the same boat and can empathize with the annoyance of this issue. Hopefully, your influence will help this idea be implemented. I have started using both Chrome and Edge as a way to avoid running into the issues, but it would be nice to just use my preferred browser without worrying about running into the error.

Hope you voted the idea up! 😀

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    Options

i love the support response "please clear your cache!"

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • DataMaven
    Options

The solution we have been told for years has been to 'just have different email addresses for each instance.' That is so unworkable for consultants that it's not even funny!

How sweet would it be if any instance where your user id is the same email, it used the same password? Basically the opposite of how it is now.

THEN…What if that also informed Salesforce so that you could open tickets in any instance you have access to! Living the dream!

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • DanBrinton
    Options

Hey, @MarkSnodgrass and @DataMaven - thanks for the feedback here! The idea of a central identity is interesting.