How can I create a card similar to this one?

Options

How can I create a card similar to this one? I want to have the product for each employee. All the options I have using pivot, etc., create another column, but I want to have a row instead of a column. Thank you, community.

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is correct. When using Pivot tables in Domo the fields you put in Rows tells the system what should be used to identify a unique entry in the table, and each of these fields will be shown as is own column. In Excel the same thing happens, but rather than showing then as individual columns it uses indentation to show the level of breakdown. You can achieve a behavior like the one in Excel, if you make the subtotals to be shown at the top, but sadly it will not be indented, it'll still show as a full column, like this:

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    Options

With OOB tables sadly I don't think this is possible, hopefully someone can prove me wrong here, mostly because all table values are defined by the columns you select to show so you cannot display different things on each row. If you have a defined set of Employees you can either try to recreate this with multiple cards, one that displays the name and Emp. No, followed by one that displays the actual table with the Products, Amounts and Customers. You can either create one table per customer, or add a Filter Card so that you can switch between users. If you actually need to do this in a single card, you'll need to basically code it yourself using Domo brick, where you can actually do all coding you need to make it display anyway you want but it requires more advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS and Javascript.

• alexbdomo
    Options

Thank you Marcel for replying to my question. I was afraid that would be the answer. What I find interesting is that a Pivot in Excel allows me to include all fields in rows and they show in each row as shown here. So simple and so easy.

Domo, on the other hand, allows me to include all these fields in the rows but they show as columns in the visualization, as shown here.

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is correct. When using Pivot tables in Domo the fields you put in Rows tells the system what should be used to identify a unique entry in the table, and each of these fields will be shown as is own column. In Excel the same thing happens, but rather than showing then as individual columns it uses indentation to show the level of breakdown. You can achieve a behavior like the one in Excel, if you make the subtotals to be shown at the top, but sadly it will not be indented, it'll still show as a full column, like this: