Multi-Select Variable

The ability to toggle a variable to be multi-select (in string type only) that will create a comma delimited string of all the values selected from the variable.

Tagged:
6 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Thanks for submitting your idea, we're reviewing it for further enhancements.

Comments

• Matt Tannyhill
    Matt Tannyhill Domo Product Manager

@Parker_Lake curious– how would you plan on using these comma separated values in a calculated field? Would love to better understand your use case.

Matt Tannyhill

Domo – Product Manager

Data Analysis & Visualization

• @Matt Tannyhill the use case on my mind is establishing both an AND and an OR filter logic across columns. For example, if I have a wide dataset where each row is a client then there is a column for each potential product that client may have, I could create a control where the options correlate to each of the product columns and build filtering on that. So, if I wanted to filter for all clients that have product A or product B, in the control both could be select and used in BeastMode to create the desired behavior.

I have done the above, but what it takes is a control for each individual column that you then concatenate together in a BeastMode and then go from there. But that requires managing multiple controls and additional steps to put them together.

This is a pretty specific example, but I do think the options for use could go beyond that.

• Matt Tannyhill
    Matt Tannyhill Domo Product Manager

@Parker_Lake this is helpful, thanks for the detail.

Matt Tannyhill

Domo – Product Manager

Data Analysis & Visualization