File Import Schema

Options

I often get frustrated by Domo's need to define its own data structures. It might get quite a bit right, but what it gets wrong becomes a problem. In the file import, I see no way to define the data structure for each column. The best I can do is force the data type in the source file and try to trick Domo into creating the field I want. For example, Domo will try to make an ID field an integer, where I need a string. So I will inject an alpha character into the source.

Can we get some kind of functionality to set the data types for file import?

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

2 votes

Comments

• DomoDork
    DomoDork Contributor
    Options

@ArborRose if you have access to the admin area, there is a schema manager in the governance toolkit to adjust the schema to your liking. We have to do that from time to time when using some connectors because Domo gets it wrong.

• ArborRose
    Options

What kind of witchcraft is this? What does it do? It looks like it lets you redefine the schema on a dataset.

I spent months working with Domo when we first started because the dataset schemas on our API calls were not defining properly. I do have admin access. It is all flagged as premium.

It looks like you can focus on a specific dataset and redefine the schema for it. Am I correct?

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• DomoDork
    DomoDork Contributor
    Options

@ArborRose Absolutely. You can target individual datasets, change datatypes, remove columns, rename etc.