Appends Should Default to Include All Rows

Options

Appends should default to "Include All Rows" and not change every time inputs are added/removed. Huge quality of life upgrade!

Tagged:
11 votes

In Review · Last Updated

I'll take a look at this, but I have some questions. I'll follow up with a comment.

Comments

• MichelleH
    Options

Completely agree! There have been multiple times I've had to add a tile to an input before appending and not notice that the Append Rows tile setting changed until after it ran.

• AndreaLovesData
    Options

@trafalger Can you give me a little more detail or an example? I've definitely run into the issue with it not including all columns by default, but I'm a little unsure of the "include all rows" case. I'd like to take it to the team to review but could use a bit more detail first. Thanks!

Domo Product Manager for Data Transformation (MagicETL)

• trafalger
    Options

Whoops, sorry @AndreaLovesData I have my terminology incorrect, I mean "include all columns." Often changing one of the inputs for an append will switch it back to "only include columns from Dataset 1."

Or I'll append a couple things together, run it, only to find it included some of the columns.

• AndreaLovesData
    AndreaLovesData Contributor
    Options

@trafalger Got it! This is definitely on my radar and something I'm exploring with the team. :)

Domo Product Manager for Data Transformation (MagicETL)