How can I access Views using Google Big Query Service Account connector?

Options

I have an gbq service account connector in my domo instance to access tables of a gbq dataset. however, i cannot access the views.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you using the Table Data report or the Query report? Have you tried using the Query report and querying against the view?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@dmurgit1 When working with the BigQuery Service Account connector, I usually just use the custom query report and then do 'SELECT * FROM MY_VIEW' as the query.

I'm not sure if the connector has a view report like the table report. I usually run my queries in GCP to make sure they run properly, then add the query to the connector settings in Domo.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you using the Table Data report or the Query report? Have you tried using the Query report and querying against the view?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • rohan02
    Options

Could you please explain me more about your query?

• dmurgit1
    Options

I wanted to be able to browse the available views in a GBQ dataset. Looking for a View option with the Query and Table Data Reports.

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@dmurgit1 When working with the BigQuery Service Account connector, I usually just use the custom query report and then do 'SELECT * FROM MY_VIEW' as the query.

I'm not sure if the connector has a view report like the table report. I usually run my queries in GCP to make sure they run properly, then add the query to the connector settings in Domo.