Dynamic Currency Symbol Formatting

Options

Currently in Analyzer, number columns can be formatted as currency, allowing you to append one of 4 currency symbols to the beginning of the number in the chart. It would be incredibly useful to add a dynamic currency column option. Rather than having to select 1 currency symbol for the whole column, you could select "Dynamic", select a column in the DataSet that represents your ISO 4217 alpha formatted currency code, then the currency symbol on that row would change depending on the currency code in the selected currency column in the same row. Below is an example of how the data would look, using a VLOOKUP function in Excel. The Currency column on the right is what you would select and be in the DataSet. The symbol column is something Domo would map on the backend to the ISO codes.

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

5 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Thanks for sharing your idea! We're currently reviewing it for future enhancements. Stay tuned for updates! 👍

Comments

• JerryZ
    Options

There are only 4 currency symbols available on Domo cards. If Domo could add more symbols, like Korean won ₩, it would be epic. There are so many currency symbols in the world, and I would like to hand-pick them in my Domo instance. Also, there are quite a few other dollars aside from USD, like A$ (AUD), C$ (CAD), and S$ (SGD).

• Matt Tannyhill
    Matt Tannyhill Contributor
    Options

@brycec thanks for sharing this idea and for walking me through it at Domopalooza! Definitely something we'll consider for the future.

Matt Tannyhill

Domo – Product Manager

Data Analysis & Visualization