Create a Function to extraxt a specific secuency of numbers

Options

Team ,

Connecting a data from salesforce, the dataset came with this challenge:

Do any want have a idea to extract for this the secuency number " >5192438<"

<a href="https://eomprd.health.ge.com/eom_prd/secured/ordquery.ctrl?hidGONSearch=true%26hidGONSearchStatus=true%26txtGONSearch=5192438%26hidTxtGonSearch=5192438" target="_blank"></a>The solution could be in Magic ETL or Dataflow making use of SQL.I´ll appreciate any help, RAV

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Assuming you're wanting the numerical value out of the hidTxtGonSearch field you can utilize a regular expression in a formula tile in Magic ETL.

REGEXP_REPLACE(`field`, '^.*hidTxtGonSearch=(\d+).*$', '$1')

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Vivarafa you can also use the split column tile in magic and set it to split on the phrase right before the value, you can use that a couple times on the >< characters until you get your amount. There are also split functions in the formula tile you could use as well.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Assuming you're wanting the numerical value out of the hidTxtGonSearch field you can utilize a regular expression in a formula tile in Magic ETL.

REGEXP_REPLACE(`field`, '^.*hidTxtGonSearch=(\d+).*$', '$1')

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Vivarafa you can also use the split column tile in magic and set it to split on the phrase right before the value, you can use that a couple times on the >< characters until you get your amount. There are also split functions in the formula tile you could use as well.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• Vivarafa
    Options

@GrantSmith @Ashleigh Thank you both. I´ve test making use both method and worth it. I appreciated your support