replace a Dataset within SQL workflow and within transforms

GIriarte
GIriarte Contributor
edited August 2023 in Datasets Ideas

I think could be great to be able to replace a Dataset in a SQL workflow with a new one, not only adding the new data set but as well replacing Dataset name within all transforms. Maybe adding an option to Edit, Delete (image 1) (Replacing if dataset name on sql statement is "name").

Let's say, I have a new data set (using image sample) "EmploymentCycleUpgraded" and then should be replaced with "EmploymentCycleUpgraded_v2".

Not sure if possible or is already available.

This is, by nature, available on Magic ETL (image 2)

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• it is possible. you'll notice that in your screenshot the name of the dataset is aliasedfrom EmploymentCycleUpgraded to employmentcycleupgraded.

if you wanted to swap in a new dataset to your ETL, just add it in and then change the alias.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • That's how I do it, too. It's annoying to not be able to just click on it and change the dataset, but I can see why they did it that way. A new dataset would likely automatically update the alias and break everything. The solution @jaeW_at_Onyx suggested works perfectly every time, as long as the new dataset has the right structure.

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"