Documentation on Activity Log Event/Action Definitions

Options
MichelleH
MichelleH Coach
edited August 2023 in Governance & Security Ideas

This knowledge base article lists all of the events that are tracked in the Activity Log, but it's not obvious what some of them mean (eg. “Shared” vs “Added” vs “Access Granted”). It would be helpful to add definitions to the documentation so that admins can better leverage this data.

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360042934574?language=en_US

13 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• WHM
    WHM Contributor
    Options

Totally agree… I have a user whose only activity is "exported dataset"… there are no logins at all. What does this mean? I finally realized that "viewed card" just means they got an email and did not actually view the card. We need a lot more detail on the activity logs.

• afranklin
    Options

Yes, please! We have quite a few Object Types that are "CONTAINER_VIEW" where the Action says "CREATED," but I have no idea what a Container View is.

• DataMaven
    Options

There are many unclear actions and object types in the activity log. I have provided extensive feedback and been sent in a loop. There are also a lot of actions that propagate a nonsensical volume of entries, as well as entries that don't provide the most basic information to make the row relevant or useable.

@WHM - That's another item that should be a question so it can have a solution. The scenario you presented is most likely due to the Weekly Summary. If you look at your email, you will likely find this email and depending on which objects it highlights, it can impact the activity log (which is dumb, and I have reported). Alternatively, they may be getting a scheduled report with an attachment (again - should not be called an export if it is).

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"