Set the default value of date type Variable to current date or today's date

2»

Comments

• Matt Tannyhill
    Matt Tannyhill Domo Product Manager

That's a great workaround @ellibot thanks for sharing!

Matt Tannyhill

Domo – Product Manager

Data Analysis & Visualization

• Very cool, @ellibot! Trouble for me is I don't have access to Workflows in my instance. Hopefully @Matt Tannyhill will have good news for us soon on a native solution within the core product soon! 🙏

• dnewc
    dnewc Member

Hi @ellibot - Thanks so much for the info and informative video. We don't have workflows though - and I'm not a programmer by schooling. Do you think this could be done with Python or jupyter? Any thoughts? Appreciate your time!!

• DK2
    DK2 Member

When using a date variable, a new default value 'Today's Date' should be an option. It should take the date of the current timezone of your instance.

This seemingly simple update would be powerful for my team. Right now, any dashboard using a variable is then not able to be turned into a scheduled report because the date variable would always need to be updated before the report goes out.

Bonus: Allow for a calculation like subdate(currentdate(),interval 1 day) to set the default to yesterday.

• nmizzell
    nmizzell Contributor
    edited October 4

This feature would be very helpful

• nmizzell
    nmizzell Contributor
    edited October 4

Specifically, having the ability to set the default value of a variable to a dynamic value such as current_date(), instead of having to choose one static date.