Variables Feedback

ST_-Superman-_
edited December 2023 in Variables Ideas

I didn't see a feedback section, so I will just post this here. I feel like there is a big miss with the variables product. You can currently leverage smart text to allow your chart titles to change when you select different values for a variable. However, you are not able to utilize smart text for labeling chart axis or legends. Please add this functionality so that our charts will correctly identify what is being graphed when we change variables.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
20 votes

In Backlog · Last Updated

We're looking into adding this functionality in the future.

Comments

• @ST_-Superman-_ on paper i think i agree with you but i'm not sure what you want the end experience to be.

when you choose a value with the Variable Picker, you want the value of the Variable Picker represented on the Axis? for stuff like this might be helpful to post a quick video of what you mean.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi!

Are you guys opening variables from analyzer / best mode? I think it was released today but for some reason I cant find it and I'm dying of FOMO.

Thanks!

• @LiliRestrepo all beta features are available in domo-dojo.domo.com. you don't have to die of Fomo.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Got it! thank you so much!!

• Gionniz
    Gionniz Contributor

is there any update about setting a defualt value (i.e. last 30 days)
    in a date variable?
    Thank you very much, Gio

• BillL
    BillL Member

This is one I wanted to +1 on having default values with a function. Currently we need to change the date every time we access the dashboard and it may be multiple times a day. If we could just set the variable to look for current_date - 1 as it's end date then it would be a big win!

• +1.

user00344 sums it up perfectly:

| Set the default to MYSQL functions like Current_Date. I would guess that 80% of users would prefer this to be the default for a date variable.

This would be wonderful!

• Matt Tannyhill
    Matt Tannyhill Domo Product Manager

Great feedback @ST_-Superman-_ , we're looking to add this functionality in the future.

Matt Tannyhill

Domo – Product Manager

Data Analysis & Visualization