Can data be grouped in a (non-Sumo) card?

I have a specific example of a general concept that I'm hoping the community can help me with.

I am using Domo-provided sample data to build a funnel chart. The data is sample Salesforce data at the stage name/account name/opportunity line item level. I would like to build a funnel chart that shows the count of acount names in each stage - that is, which provides the count of unique stage name/account name combinations and eliminates the repeated stage name/account name combinations caused by having multiple opportunity line items associated with each stage name/account name combination.

However, a funnel chart with section name = stage name and funnel section value = COUNT of account name returns the count of records in the dataset with each stage name, not the count of unique account names associated with each stage name. The photo below shows that the total records in the funnel chart = the total records in the data set - no deduplication occurred.

funnel chart.PNG

I believe I could accomplish what I want with either a Magic ETL or a Sumo card. However, assuming that I don't want to propagate a million data flows or build a million pivot tables, is there a general way to aggregate and group in cards? Am I missing something critical about how aggregation in cards works?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You should create a beastmode to use as the value.

Create a new calculated field and enter this:

COUNT(DISTINCT `Account Name`)

For your summary number.  If you are wanting a count of distinct account name and stage combinations, you would want to create another calculated field (also known as a beastmode)

COUNT(DISTINCT
    CONCAT(`Account Name`,`Stage Name`)
    )

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You should create a beastmode to use as the value.

Create a new calculated field and enter this:

COUNT(DISTINCT `Account Name`)

For your summary number.  If you are wanting a count of distinct account name and stage combinations, you would want to create another calculated field (also known as a beastmode)

COUNT(DISTINCT
    CONCAT(`Account Name`,`Stage Name`)
    )

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Thanks! Appreciate it. 

This discussion has been closed.