Any suggestion for building a similar chart like this from Tableau?

I have this chart created in Tableau, but now I need to recreate this chart in Domo. 

The chart will have two categories and two measure names, as well as an x-axis and two y-axes, like this:

The chartThe chartMeasuresMeasures

I tried the line + grouped bar but it doesn't seem to completely recapture this card in Tableau. 

Any suggestions as how to make this as similar to the original one? 

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

Ok, so I'm going to assume that for the current month you're using your Forecasted Production and anything prior to that is actual. 

Forecasted Production beastmode:

CASE WHEN `Date` >= DATE_FORMAT(Current_Date(), '%Y-%m-01')  THEN `forecasted_production` END

Actual Production beastmode:

CASE WHEN `Date` < DATE_FORMAT(Current_Date(), '%Y-%m-01')  THEN `actual_production` END

This will keep the bars from stacking on each other. Let me know if you need anything else.

Answers

• So you can recreate that using the Line + Stacked Bar. I did a quick mock-up below. The way to do this is to set your Date as your X-axis and then break it into 4 measures using BeastModes. (You can do this with Case When statements, let me know if you'd like more detail around this).

Once you have the 4 measures, add the 2 lines first. Under Chart Properties -> General and set the 'Series on Left Scale' to 2. Then add you bars for production.

The rest is just formatting. Let me know if you have any questions.

image.png

Sincerely,

Valiant

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

• Hi @Valiant!

Thanks so much for your reply! Your chart actually looks close enough to what I need, but can you clarify this:

"...The way to do this is to set your Date as your X-axis and then break it into 4 measures using BeastModes." 

Can you please let me know how to do this? Since I am not at all familiar with this yet. 

Thanks again so very much!

• And also, I tried recreating it but only get the columns stacked, not aligning properly like yours Smiley Sad 

Line+Stacked.png

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

Ok, so I'm going to assume that for the current month you're using your Forecasted Production and anything prior to that is actual. 

Forecasted Production beastmode:

CASE WHEN `Date` >= DATE_FORMAT(Current_Date(), '%Y-%m-01')  THEN `forecasted_production` END

Actual Production beastmode:

CASE WHEN `Date` < DATE_FORMAT(Current_Date(), '%Y-%m-01')  THEN `actual_production` END

This will keep the bars from stacking on each other. Let me know if you need anything else.

• Hi @Valiant, thanks a lot for your help. I still need to figure something else, but I think your solution provided some directions. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.