Domo Office Add-In - Relative Date Filters

Options

Hi, the legacy version of the plug-in that our users are widely used to had the ability to do relative date filtering. Unfortunately, the new version does not include this functionality and is hindering our effort to get users to upgrade. Please enhance the new add-in by adding relative date filtering.

5 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Awaiting further reply from suggesting customer.

Comments

• cadellfalconer
    cadellfalconer Domo Employee
    Options

Hi @sn_dgalley - thanks for the submission. Happy to look at including something like this, for sure.

As there are many different ways in which you can use the old (and new) addins - Could you tell me a little bit about how you currently leverage those date filters in the old plugins today?

Also, specifically are you referring to the old Excel ones or the Powerpoint ones?

How would you see the relative date filters playing with the refresh (and/or specifically the automatic refresh options Excel has)? I imagine you'd want the date range to adjust and refresh.

Looking forward to hearing back soon! :-)

Cadell Falconer
    Domo - Senior Technical Product Manager
    Ecosystem, Domo Free & Office Addins
  • dgalley
    dgalley Member
    Options

Hi @cadellfalconer, thanks for the reply.

We are specifically referring to the Excel plugin and yes, the goal would be that a user could filter for "previous 3 months" or "previous week" and upon refresh, it would automatically adjust. This is exactly what one department is currently doing with the old version.

• cadellfalconer
    Options

Got it. Thanks @sn_dgalley.
    I imagine you'd want to be able to set this on each card in the deck, and/or at the whole document level?

Cadell Falconer
  • dgalley
    dgalley Member
    Options

@cadellfalconer , well, as we're talking Excel, each sheet, yeah? Or basically, every imported dataset/card/etc. I'm not sure about the whole doc level.

• cadellfalconer
    Options

In the addins, under the "Document" tab of the addins, you can apply filters that apply to all content in the document - I imagine you'd also want to do that for date filters, rather than only having the dates be configurable on each individual Domo object in the document. (Regardless of being Excel, PPT, Word)

Cadell Falconer
  • dgalley
    dgalley Member
    Options

@cadellfalconer ah yes, definitely. Thanks!

• alvarezsofia
    Options

Hi!

I agree. I work with the PPT plugin and I have the same issue. The legacy plugin used to have the custom date filter enabled but in the past months it got discontinued as well.

For the O365 plugin, if we could have the ability to customize the date range once all the cards are added into the document (rather than adjusting the dates on every element separately), it would be great!

Thanks!

Sofia

• cadellfalconer
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @dgalley and @alvarezsofia.
    I fear we might have gotten a bit mixed up here, so I'd like to clarify and check a few things with you both.

CARDS:

• Cards already support the ability to set relative date filters today, during the import of cards, the date box in the top right hand side of the import popup allows you to configure those.
      When refreshing you should see those sliding windows move relative to when you refresh the card.
      See screenshot below. Are you seeing unexpected behavior with this?
    • Cards when adding the date column as a "Filter" do not have relative range support today. If this is what you are referring to, I'd be happy to look at bringing that functionality in, please confirm.

DATASETS:

• Datasets do not have the ability to have relative date filters today, as the date columns when added as "filters" (like point 2 of cards above) don't have that option. As with cards, I'd be happy to look at bringing this functionality in.

DOCUMENT LEVEL FILTERS:

• Again, as above with datasets and point 2 of cards. Happy to bring that functionality to date filters at the document level.

=======

NEXT STEPS:

1. Please let me know if the above makes sense and provide me with your thoughts.
    2. Please also let me know if you are seeing unexpected behavior in regards to point 1 of cards above.
    3. For "date" or "timestamp" columns when added as "filters" (not the upper right box in the modal):
      Would adding the standard Domo date range/relative date options functionality to those column types for datasets, cards and document level filters address your needs?
      Example:

Cadell Falconer
  • cadellfalconer
    Options

@alvarezsofia @dgalley - Just wanted to follow up on this, did you see my comment above?
    Is the only outstanding item here for us to add features as below:
    =======
    For "date" or "timestamp" columns when added as "filters" (not the upper right box in the modal):
    Would adding the standard Domo date range/relative date options functionality to those column types for datasets, cards and document level filters address your needs?
    ======

Cadell Falconer
  • dgalley
    dgalley Member
    Options

@cadellfalconer hi Cadell, yes, most of our users are importing datasets rather than cards so adding that functionality is what we're looking for. We are not seeing unexpected behavior with regard to the card import. As you suggested, document-level relative date filtering makes a lot of sense.

• cadellfalconer
    Options

I'll get this scheduled and report back.

Cadell Falconer
  • alvarezsofia
    Options

Hi Cadell, sorry for the delay on my response.

Yes, I was talking about document level filters.

Cards have the ability to be filtered by date, but our document has over 60 cards so changing the date on every manually on each is inefficient.

So maybe, adding the standard Domo date range/relative date options functionality to the document would solve this :)

Thanks!

Sofia

• cadellfalconer
    Options

I've got this scheduled for the next month or two in our monthly release cadence for the addins.
    (Internal Tracking: ID-411004)

I will report back once we roll this out.
    Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Cadell Falconer