Floating Decimal

Options

I am trying to connect to data sets together, but I continue to get the message of remove 1 column, Budget DH TTH: Floating Decimal, after run the preview, but in my preview, I see there is a floating decimal. I also try to add it in the alter columns, but it still doesn't fix it. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is expected, when you Append 2 files, at the end you need a consolidated set of columns that will remain in the appended version, this means if they do not have the same columns, like in your case, that one of the following will happen to 1 or more of the original sources being appended:

• Columns will be deleted usually when the Columns to include in the Append is set to one of the sources, this is the original scenario you showed.
    • Columns will be added usually when the Columns to include is set to Include all columns which is what you're seeing in the second attempt.

If neither of these is what you're looking for, you'll need an Alter Columns to rename them in a consistent way across the ones being appended, or perhaps you're not looking to append (which is adding the rows from multiple datasets together in a single list) but to join (which is adding columns from multiple datasets together into "merged" rows).

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

in option 1 in the alter columns you select which dataset to use to define the columns. If you want all columns selected change this to All columns

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • kim_barragan0126
    Options

Thank you. That still didn't work. I have two different files I am trying to append, so maybe that is the issue, they do not have the same columns.

Below is the latest screenshot.

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is expected, when you Append 2 files, at the end you need a consolidated set of columns that will remain in the appended version, this means if they do not have the same columns, like in your case, that one of the following will happen to 1 or more of the original sources being appended:

• Columns will be deleted usually when the Columns to include in the Append is set to one of the sources, this is the original scenario you showed.
    • Columns will be added usually when the Columns to include is set to Include all columns which is what you're seeing in the second attempt.

If neither of these is what you're looking for, you'll need an Alter Columns to rename them in a consistent way across the ones being appended, or perhaps you're not looking to append (which is adding the rows from multiple datasets together in a single list) but to join (which is adding columns from multiple datasets together into "merged" rows).

• kim_barragan0126
    Options

Thank you!