Show only Data Label of Max and Min point

Options

Hello, is there any way that this graph would only show the data label for the maximum and minimum value?

We'd only like to show the values of those 2 points with red circles.

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, but it would require some ETL work. The way I have done this in the past is create 2 new fields: Max value and Min value . Then plot those on your line chart the same way you have plotted the HIGH LIMIT and LOW LIMIT.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Options

These are currently the options for where to show data labels:

This is a great idea and I would recommend putting it in the ideas exchange:

You can of course see the max and min values by making sure these are uncheck in the chart properties:

• Zel
    Zel Member
    Options

Hi, @colemenwilson , thank you for the suggestion.

Here's what it looks like now:

Additional question please, in the first picture in this thread: the red line showing the high limit (100) and green line showing the low limit (32) - they should also be shown in the graph, however when I add them in the card under 'Series', image above will also be altered, showing the visual below. Is there a way that we can show them altogether - Max, Min, High Limit and Low Limit?

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, but it would require some ETL work. The way I have done this in the past is create 2 new fields: Max value and Min value . Then plot those on your line chart the same way you have plotted the HIGH LIMIT and LOW LIMIT.

• Zel
    Zel Member
    Options

Hi @colemenwilson thank you for your inputs and suggestions! 😊 this is all good now.