Format as number without comma

I have a new version of an existing dashboard. The dashboard has a dropdown selector for year. Year is a formula field on the ETL defined as Year(`transaction_date`). On my original dashboard I see 2023, 2022, 2021. On the new version, I can't get the filter to remove the thousands comma. So I see "2,023" instead of "2023".

I've compared with my old dashboard and everything is the same. I can't figure out why Domo won't drop the comma. Any ideas?

Here's the format dropdown. The separator is unchecked but the card is still showing commas. I've cleared cache and closed and reopened my browser.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Solved it.

When I couldn't get rid of the comma, my first guess was also to change the field to text using concat() but it didn't work. My previous version workflow still exists under a different name and it works just fine. Both use the same formula for creation and I duplicated the card being used as a dropdown filter.

Removing the optional field causes 2 of the three dates to drop off and show an error to the user. But I had not considered that the optional field's format setting was affecting the dropdown. I went to the optional field and verified it was also set to number without commas and the comma indeed went away.

Thanks for the responses.

Answers

• Hi @ArborRose ,

Just remove the field from the optional group by

https://www.loom.com/share/0bd725a8ba0f4ef680ceb45c4e8e9a75

John Le

You're only one dashboard away.

Click here for more video solutions: https://www.dashboarddudes.com/pantry

• @ArborRose Alternatively, you could also change your field from a number to text in your ETL

• You can also make it a text in a beast mode by wrapping a CONCAT() statement around it and put that in the items list:

CONCAT(yearfield)

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Solved it.

When I couldn't get rid of the comma, my first guess was also to change the field to text using concat() but it didn't work. My previous version workflow still exists under a different name and it works just fine. Both use the same formula for creation and I duplicated the card being used as a dropdown filter.

Removing the optional field causes 2 of the three dates to drop off and show an error to the user. But I had not considered that the optional field's format setting was affecting the dropdown. I went to the optional field and verified it was also set to number without commas and the comma indeed went away.

Thanks for the responses.