Quick way to determine number of unique values per column

NathanDorsch
NathanDorsch Member
edited April 2023 in Datasets

I have a dataset with over 400 columns... and long story short, there are basically duplicate columns (4 different formats for each field) and I want to select the ones where there are actual values (as opposed to blanks or nulls). Is there a quick way to do this in Domo without manually having to go through?

Maybe via Sumo card....?

I'd like to be able to export a spreadsheet with all the column headers and number of unique values for each.

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@NathanDorsch You can see some high-level statistics for each column in the Data tab of your dataset by toggling the statistics icon to the left of the column headers

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@NathanDorsch You can see some high-level statistics for each column in the Data tab of your dataset by toggling the statistics icon to the left of the column headers

• Is there a way though to export this data out so I don't have to go trhough and manually type in each one?

• @NathanDorsch You could use a PivotTable card to export, but you would still have to create a count(distinct) beast mode for all 400 fields.

• so I'd have to create a count(distinct) for each and every column>?

• @NathanDorsch Yes, if you want to know the number of unique values in each field then you will need a distinct count.