Drilling from Table Card

One of the most common questions I answer from Domo users is why a drill doesn't work as expected on a table card depending on where the user clicks. For example, a user would look at the table below and click "200" to drill to transaction detail for Customer B. Instead, they receive an error message saying "An issue has occurred during processing. We are unable to complete the request at this time." The current resolution for this is to click on "Customer B" instead of the amount.

While this behavior makes sense when considering that the drill view is designed to filter to records with the same field value as what the user clicks, it is not very intuitive from an end user's perspective. It would be helpful to align table card functionality with user expectations and implicitly drill based on the dimensions displayed in the top table regardless of where the user clicks within that row.

Tagged:
5 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Thanks for sharing your idea! We're currently reviewing it for future enhancements.

Comments

• Completely agree @MichelleH . I can't tell you the number of times where I've had users click on a value, and the assumed behavior is that they will drill into the records that make up that aggregate value. This would be a nice UX enhancement.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**