Additional Currency Symbols

Options

We are a global organization that operate in many countries. We have found a need to provide visualizations to our users in their local currency to avoid confusion and improve user experience. I'm happy to provide a list of the needed currencies but I would think Domo would benefit from adding most of the currencies around the globe by default on top of the three currently available.

Tagged:
3 votes

Comments

• david_cunningham
    Options

@Caua_Soares just wanted to make sure you knew that the below is always an option ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

While this isn't a perfect solution. One way you can achieve this now with any currency symbol, is to format as a Number, and then paste in the currency symbol you are wanting to use. You will still have to implement a methodology for handling currency conversions, but that is also the case for using the built in symbols.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree ๐Ÿ˜€, Like ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ, or Awesome โค๏ธ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! โœ”๏ธ**

• Caua_Soares
    Options

Hey @david_cunningham, that's awesome! I actually did not know of that feature, so I really appreciate it. It's definitely super useful (and more flexible than actually having a list), the only down side is that it's not available for all chart types. Sorry if I am missing something, but I couldn't find a way of doing something similar for a table chart, for example.

• david_cunningham
    Options

@Caua_Soares you could achieve that in a table by creating a beast mode where you concat together your symbol and the amount. This does complicate things a bit though, because you would have to format the amount in your beast mode instead of relying on Domo's built in number formatter.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree ๐Ÿ˜€, Like ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ, or Awesome โค๏ธ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! โœ”๏ธ**

• Caua_Soares
    Options

@david_cunningham, yeah for sure! While I totally agree that we can find a workaround, it feels like a minor enhancement that would be pretty beneficial.