App Studio - Move/Copy Card Functionality

Options

I love that in the Admin > Cards area it now shows "Dashboards and App Pages" for card locations.

A further "nice to have" enhancement would be to see the App title listed under Move/Copy when looking at a cards settings.

In this example- I know this particular card is both in my overview and on our Analytics Hub app. However, when I select Move/Copy on that card, it only shows my overview.

This is potentially a user problem more than a functionality problem but sometimes whether during maintenance, decommissioning old content, or reviewing content- we will reference the move/copy section to quickly determine impact on the users. If we looked here without checking the admin side, we could potentially be leaving content in an app that we intended to remove, OR deleting content thinking it may just be in my personal overview and not existing in an app page.

(example attached)

Thanks for reading that long winded explanation! Haha
I hope your coffees were perfectly crafted today!

5 votes

Comments

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor
    Options

This is super important, I agree.

I've also had to create a Staging Area legacy-style page for my cards for App Studio so it's easy to find, edit, and replicate them. I don't prefer to build cards inside of App Studio, because they don't then seem to "live" anywhere inside my classic Domo instance and that can be a big admin headache.

Broadway + Data