Default - Open card in new tab

Options

Can we please have this dashboard/card property as a default? 99.999% of the time, I want to open the card in a new tab so the user doesn't leave the dashboard.

This won't apply when using the expand details button, which is also a nice way to get a closer look at content — but sometimes you just want to pull that card open in its own browser tab!

The second item in the Interactions box is checked off by default, I would really appreciate if "Open Card details in a new tab" were checked off as well. It would save me literally hundreds of clicks with every dashboard build — current state requires me to open this menu, click the setting, click apply… before I can move onto my next card. Over and over and over again!

Broadway + Data
Tagged:
2 votes

Comments

• ArborRose
    Options

Can you hold down the control key to open a card in a new tab?

Unfortunately, if they made that a default…it would be the reverse for all us who do not want new windows opened.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor
    Options

I would like to see it be an instance-wide toggle. There are plenty of ways to get cards open in a new tab, I'm glad for the flexibility, but the extra clicks for every single card so my front-end user doesn't have to think about it feels like time that could be saved by a company setting.

Broadway + Data
  • DataMaven
    Options

How about if it's a dashboard setting? I think that would meet in the middle for everyone. I see the use cases for both defaults, and I crave both defaults at different times, depending on the style and audience of a particular dashboard! 🤔

It could be something like Display Mode, but read as "Default Card Interaction":

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"