Save As in Locked Cards

Options

I would like to lock pages and cards so that only a users assigned to a group that owns the card or page (or is an admin) can edit them, but want all users with a user role that allows them to edit cards to be able to duplicate (save as) the card to their own overviews so that they can manipulate them.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• ST_-Superman-_
    Options

@John689

Is that different than this Lock Page option?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • DataMaven
    Options

@ST_-Superman-_ - I think he is really telling us that users are not able to duplicate the cards if they are locked. It's just got too much extra information.

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • John689
    Options

Hi @DataMaven,

Yes, ability to duplicate a locked card would resolve my issue.

I was just trying to provide some background and not solution. End desired result - locked cards remain protected other editors and above can view how the card is configured and also leverage as template.

@ST_Superman,

I'm particularly interested in cards but I could see a use case for similar functionality for pages (if that's not possible right now, I would have to test).

Thank you both!