PPT Add-in: Cards need dynamic resizing and reformatting

Options
kierenp
kierenp Member

In the current PPT Plug-in, if you change the size of an imported card - all of the dimensions/sizing/text will auto resize and format

In the new PPT Add-in, card dimensions are defaulted to one layout size. If you change the dimensions of the card, the card / text does not auto resize.

In the new PPT Add-in, we have also lost the functionality to individually refresh one card via Right Click > Domo > Refresh. This is helpful when we make a change to a card in DOMO and just need to update that imported card in PPT

7 votes

In Backlog · Last Updated

Comments

• Kaylynn
    Kaylynn Member
    edited March 13
    Options

When adding cards to slides in PowerPoint using the new Office Add-In, the Domo cards do not automatically resize for the layout. It is necessary to manually resize each card. It would be very useful to add auto-resizing to the new PowerPoint add-in, so it will function like the previous PowerPoint plug-In does.

• cadellfalconer
    cadellfalconer Contributor
    edited April 10
    Options

Hey @Kaylynn !

Thanks for the idea submission.
    Could you tell me a little bit more about how you'd like the auto-resizing to work?
    Do you have different sets of common sizes that you use, or is it always just one particular layout?

I'd also love to hear a bit about how you are using the addins to solve your business problems - how often do you use them, what kinds of documents are you making, who are they for, what is the value they provide you and your business?

The old plugins had the concept of "templates" for layouts of cards, do you feel layouts are a high value feature that you'd like to see make a return - if so, how would you use it?

Cadell Falconer
    Domo - Senior Technical Product Manager
    Ecosystem, Domo Free & Office Addins
  • Kaylynn
    Kaylynn Member
    edited April 10
    Options

Hi Cadell,

I have sent your questions to our Business Analytics team. They are the main group that uses the PowerPoint plug-in. I will let you know when I have an update.

Thanks,

Kaylynn

• cadellfalconer
    cadellfalconer Contributor
    Options

@kierenp - Good news, we can refresh individual cards, it's just a different method to the old right click.
    Under the "Document" pane in the new addins you can refresh one at a time. Here's a guide: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/000005143?language=en_US#RefreshAllDomoContentIndividuallyExcelPowerPointWord

I do like the right click refresh idea and I'll add that to our backlog for a future release. Thanks.

On the sizing of text, etc. You have options to adjust those either during first import of a card, or editing afterwards, again from the document tab.

Cadell Falconer
    Domo - Senior Technical Product Manager
    Ecosystem, Domo Free & Office Addins