Fixed Functions... fixed

Options

I would like the ability to pass the date grain from the card or page into a fixed function as a variable. Currently, I have a fixed function that is fixed by month for example. This works perfectly when the card or the dashboard it is used in is set to look at the data at a monthly level. However, I would like to be able to change the dashboard to graph by quarter, or year and have the fixed partition adjust to those date grains.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
4 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Thanks for sharing your idea! We're currently reviewing it for future enhancements. Stay tuned for updates! 👍

Comments

• marcel_luthi
    Options

Agree, things like date grain ,date range start and date range end should be available to be used in BeastModes just like variables, as often you'd need to adjust calculations based on these values.

• MichelleH
    Options

This would be super helpful to make fixed functions more flexible. If a card uses a function fixed by month, then it will show incorrect information if the user changes the date grain of the card. An alternative would be to hide the card's date range altogether, but that also removes the ability to filter by date.