Auto-Collapse all Subtotal Rows

trafalger
trafalger Coach
edited February 22 in Charting Ideas

It would be great if there was an option to auto-collapse all subtotal rows. Sometimes there's so many of them where doing it manually isn't really an option, plus any new rows would appear without being collapsed.

18 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

You can collapse all sub-total rows in one click - Need to look for the small icon next to the sub-total that is in the two overlapping boxes.

Comments

• Has anyone responded with this ability? I was wondering the same thing.

• SeanPT
    SeanPT Contributor

I felt like I was going crazy not being able to find an option to do this by default.

• b_rad
    b_rad Contributor

Can you share a screenshot? I dont understand what you mean.

• SeanPT
    SeanPT Contributor
  • SeanPT
    SeanPT Contributor

When new dates come into the data, they aren't collapsed. Ideally they would just be collapsed like you see in the screenshot.

• I cannot stand when new data comes in expanded!

• Gavatar
    Gavatar Contributor

Here is a screen shot of how to do it with one click - the two overlapping windows with a - in the middle…

• @Gavatar That does work the first time, but when additional data is added to a card with collapsed subtotal rows, the new data is not automatically collapsed.

For example, let's say today I created a card that includes YTD data with subtotals by month. I can use the icon in your screenshot to collapse the subtotals so the card defaults to four rows: January, February, March, and April. The problem is that a few weeks from now when data starts populating in the card for the next month, those rows are not collapsed. This means that someone needs to go and re-collapse all the subtotals so that it doesn't become a jumbled mess over time.

• Gavatar
    Gavatar Contributor

Thanks - very helpful. We are investigating this now.

• Gavatar
    Gavatar Contributor

Can you try something for me?

Please go into Analyzer, expand the whole column of subtotals using the expand all, or each one individually, then do a collapse-all again and save it.

It should work ok from then on if this is your use case.