Printing Cards that are Longer than One Page

pstrauss
pstrauss Member
edited December 2023 in Dashboard Ideas

I know this has been brought up many times in the past and it appears that each relevant thread was closed without resolution. We need a way to be able to print or output a PDF or PPT of a card without it being cut off if it doesn't fit entirely on one page. Currently we have several reports that won't fit on a single page and it's really frustrating that they get cut off in pretty much every output format except logging into Domo. Sure, we can attach a CSV file to an email, but that loses all formatting, which makes the reports less useful.

I welcome any solutions to this issue.

Tagged:
6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I wish i knew who to AT Domo @justin-millheim ?? I believe when you render a card you can set the zoom size right?

@pstrauss I would say that if your card exceeds a page it is probably less of a chart and more likely a table card. if that's the case, just export the data to excel where you have all the control over printing and layout. https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043437933-Using-the-Domo-Excel-Plugin

i agree it's probably an unnecessary limit on Domo to not be able to print a card that spans multiple pages, but i'd also suggest that it forces card designers to rethink "card" instead of ... massive dump of data.

i kind of like the "use the right tool for the job" limit that this imposes on you.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking maybe tables would be better, though we'd ideally like to have control over the formatting without having to export it to Excel.

• Jae,

I mostly agree with you, but we have an instance of this where the data needs to be exported to a PDF, so that it cannot be changed easily for financial reporting and storage. The users do not want to export it to excel, because it can be easily changed.