Tag dataflows automatically based on tags of output dataset?

Stefano
Stefano Member
edited December 2023 in Magic ETL Ideas

Is it possibly to tag the dataflows automatically with the tags added to the output dataset? So basically whenever adding tags to a dataset, the dataflow that spits out that output you are tagging should be default also get the tags.

Currently when creating a new dataflow, I navigate to the output dataset to tag it with a business unit or source type, etc. But then afterwards always have to remind myself to navigate back to the dataflow to tag it manually again.

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I think you have to be careful with this. What happens if the same dataflow has multiple output datasets that might be tagged differently. For example, one dataset may be for Finance while the other is for the Sales org... even though both come from the same dataflow.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • In our case that doesn't really apply and in those few cases in which the dataflow does spit out multiple datasets, some of the tags will still be the same and I'd rather then remove one that is not relevant to an output instead of not having tags at all if that makes sense?