Interact with scheduled reports via API (or better interface)

SeanPT
SeanPT Contributor
edited February 2023 in Other Ideas

(This doesn't have to be an API thing but it feels like it should be an API. Also if this is already possible, please let me know!)

We use scheduled reports a lot. We love them. However, every so often there will be some processing glitch that causes reports to go out blank. So it would be great if scheduled reports could be conditional, but I digress. We can't just go to the dashboard and send now because some people get the same report with 3 different page filters on them.

Once the processing happens and the data is good it would be nice to be able to

• Query all scheduled reports via the API
  • (It is on us to write some code to select which ones we want based on scheduled time or name of the report or who it goes to)
  • Be able to re-send the sheduled reports again now that the data is there

Again - if there was a native interface in Domo that allowed me to do that - cool.

Being able to interact with scheduled reports via API would also help us do things like see who has what report with what filters scheduled for when. And even maybe create bulk scheduled reports via scripting + the API.

Tagged:
0 votes

Archived · Last Updated

0 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• take a look at the list-report command in the Java CLI , does that get you started?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • SeanPT
    SeanPT Contributor

I'm not as familiar with the Java CLI @jaeW_at_Onyx but I'll check that out tonight. I'm not sleeping so why not?

• SeanPT
    SeanPT Contributor

Well, I wouldn't call that a total bust. I remember looking at this years ago and thinking it could be handy but I had since forgotten about it. Unfortunately, this doesn't have what I need.
    I can list scheduled reports (for my user), I can enable and disable. But I can't send a report even for myself.

I went back to Domo Developer and double checked to make sure there wasn't something else I was missing but that doesn't appear to be the case.

• @SeanPT  can you email me a detailed list of your ask and how / why you'd use it and any competitor products / experiences where you've seen this implemented?

I like the idea of what you're proposing, I'm confident it probably would have been done before, and I'd like to check internally with the labs team to see if they've solved it somehow.

jae.wilson@domo.com

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.