Can I do multiple joins in an ETL?

Jim_Medina
Jim_Medina Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I need to do a join of 4 separate tables to extract results.  How do I accomplish this?  Can this be done in a single ETL?

Best Answers

• quinnj
    quinnj Contributor
    Answer ✓

Yes, you can join multiple tables in Magic ETL. This would involve joining one table at a time, using the "Join Data" transform 4 times in a row. You would progressively build up the final dataset by joining the tables one at a time.

Alternatively, this is also possible using a DataFlow and doing a JOIN or LEFT JOIN in SQL. Feel free to post a more specific use-case/problem description with any other questions.

• quinnj
    quinnj Contributor
    Answer ✓

You can chain Join actions direclty.

Answers

• quinnj
    quinnj Contributor
    Answer ✓

Yes, you can join multiple tables in Magic ETL. This would involve joining one table at a time, using the "Join Data" transform 4 times in a row. You would progressively build up the final dataset by joining the tables one at a time.

Alternatively, this is also possible using a DataFlow and doing a JOIN or LEFT JOIN in SQL. Feel free to post a more specific use-case/problem description with any other questions.

• Do I connect my subsequent joins to the Join action or the Output action?

• quinnj
    quinnj Contributor
    Answer ✓

You can chain Join actions direclty.

• Great.  Thanks mucho.

• @Jim_Medina Please accept the solution if this solved the original question.

Thanks!
    Dani

• OK.  Don't get pissy.  I don't know your Domo rules.  If there are customs to be used when engaging the community spell them out somewhere!  Why is everyone so afraid of actually providing documentation on software anymore!

• Thanks Jim,

You can read more here on getting started in the Dojo. Appreciate you chiming in so others may benefit from the solution.

Regards,

Dani