How we can upload a data set from txt file using workbench 4 as we did on previous versions?

How we can upload a data set from txt file using workbench 4 as we did on previous versions?

Best Answers

• zcameron
    zcameron Admin
    Answer ✓

The latest version of Workbench is version 4, which includes the same functionality as 3, but has a brand new interface. If the txt file is delimited by a character, you can use the CSV file type to get it pulled in.

For step by step instructions on getting data from a CSV file through Workbench 4, check out the article in the Help Center titled "How do I connect to CSV data in Workbench 4?"  You can get to the Help Center from your Domo instance by going to the main menu (down arrow in the top-right corner) and selecting the Help Center option. Then put the title above into the search.

Could you let me know if that information helps you out?

• zcameron
    zcameron Admin
    Answer ✓

Is the Workbench service running using a user that has access to that network location? Also, it looks like the file you are looking for is on a mapped drive (O:). Depending on how the user is set up, it may not have that drive mapped for the service user. Can I suggest trying the UNC path instead of a mapped drive. For example, if O: is mapping to the shared folder "Data" on the server called "NetworkStorage", the UNC path would be "\\NetworkStorage\Data\Domo\Orders\OpenRequisitionsDataSet.txt"

• GIriarte
    GIriarte Contributor
    Answer ✓

The solution works! I just did little additional changes.

a. I used the IP address instead of the server's name on the transport method.

b. Additionally I missed to set up the impersonation piece (Domain,Username and Password) which allow me to access the server.Smiley Frustrated

Thanks everyone for your help and specially to zcameron!

Answers

• zcameron
    zcameron Admin
    Answer ✓

The latest version of Workbench is version 4, which includes the same functionality as 3, but has a brand new interface. If the txt file is delimited by a character, you can use the CSV file type to get it pulled in.

For step by step instructions on getting data from a CSV file through Workbench 4, check out the article in the Help Center titled "How do I connect to CSV data in Workbench 4?"  You can get to the Help Center from your Domo instance by going to the main menu (down arrow in the top-right corner) and selecting the Help Center option. Then put the title above into the search.

Could you let me know if that information helps you out?

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@GIriarte, did zcameron's reply help answer your question?

• GIriarte
    GIriarte Contributor

Thanks everyone for your help.

I used the CSV dataset type to import but it is not working. It works using previous Workbench version.

This below is the error message and after [ERROR] you can see the log.

Any idea?

Thanks.

[12.14.15 05:56:48] Requesting CSV source file from the Local File Provider
    [12.14.15 05:56:48] Loading local file provider properties
    [12.14.15 05:56:48] Loading CSV file: O:\Domo\Orders\OpenRequisitionsDataSet.txt
    [12.14.15 05:56:48] Source file 'O:\Domo\Orders\OpenRequisitionsDataSet.txt' does not exist

[ERROR] [10576:1] 2015-12-14 17:56:48,749 - The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.
    System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Close(TimeSpan timeout)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Close()
    at Workbench.DataCollector.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\jenkins\workspace\Workbench\WorkbenchBuild\Workbench.DataCollector\Program.cs:line 128

• zcameron
    zcameron Admin
    Answer ✓

Is the Workbench service running using a user that has access to that network location? Also, it looks like the file you are looking for is on a mapped drive (O:). Depending on how the user is set up, it may not have that drive mapped for the service user. Can I suggest trying the UNC path instead of a mapped drive. For example, if O: is mapping to the shared folder "Data" on the server called "NetworkStorage", the UNC path would be "\\NetworkStorage\Data\Domo\Orders\OpenRequisitionsDataSet.txt"

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@GIriarte, did zcameron's follow-up answer help you? Also, please answer the follow-up question to better assist you!

• GIriarte
    GIriarte Contributor
    Answer ✓

The solution works! I just did little additional changes.

a. I used the IP address instead of the server's name on the transport method.

b. Additionally I missed to set up the impersonation piece (Domain,Username and Password) which allow me to access the server.Smiley Frustrated

Thanks everyone for your help and specially to zcameron!

• I'm seeing the same error messange, however, the .csv file I'm trying to upload is saved on my local C drive so I definitely have access. I also tested and it says that the impersonation credentials are valid. Any idea on how to fix this? 

Much appreciated! 

[ERROR] [5116:1] 2016-03-03 16:37:20,572 - The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.
    System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Close(TimeSpan timeout)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Close()
    at Workbench.DataCollector.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\jenkins\workspace\Workbench\WorkbenchBuild\Workbench.DataCollector\Program.cs:line 148

• Depending on where the file is on the C:, the user may still not have access to it, especially if it is in a user's folder (documents, desktop, etc.). I think it would be a worthwhile test to change the user that is running the workbench service to a user that has access to the specific folder that you're pulling from (maybe try your own to start with). You can do this by going to Administrative Tools -> Services -> Domo Workbench Service and by putting in specific credentials on the login tab.

Let me know how that goes.

This discussion has been closed.