Is anyone else having issues with the drag and drop in the Sumo Cards?

This is an issue when building cards with a lot of field options.  Getting the field to drop in is sometimes very difficult.

Best Answer

• LQualey
    LQualey Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

If you allow the categories box to scroll to the top first, does it allow you to drop the field in? 

Typically the card won't accept a field from lower on the list until you've held the field over the categories box until it scrolls up to the top. 

Let me know if that works for you

I work for Domo.
    **Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• LQualey
    LQualey Domo Employee

Hi @MReznick, can you give me some more information around this issue? Is it happening across all of your sumo cards? Would you be able to share a screenshot of this card without sharing any personal information or sensitive data?

I work for Domo.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor

no issues with chrome drag and drop. may be browser specific.

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • I have a Mac with Chrome Version 47.0.2526.80 (64-bit) up to date

I have the same issue with Safari.  

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 12.57.05 PM.png

No place to drop the field

• LQualey
    LQualey Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

If you allow the categories box to scroll to the top first, does it allow you to drop the field in? 

Typically the card won't accept a field from lower on the list until you've held the field over the categories box until it scrolls up to the top. 

Let me know if that works for you

I work for Domo.
  • Yes that worked if I scrolled to the top of the list.  This is a very cumbersome and problematic solution since it has approximately 800 fields.

• LQualey
    LQualey Domo Employee

@MReznick Glad that you were able to get it working, and thank you for bringing it up. 

Please visit the Dojo Ideas Exchange http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/idb-p/Ideas. You can search existing ideas and then vote for it if it matches what you have in mind. If you cannot find it, please create a New Idea which can then be voted on by your fellow Dojo members.

Thanks!

I work for Domo.
This discussion has been closed.