Displaying Time in hours:Minutes:Seconds in Calendar

We track out contract processing time in seconds.  I far as I can tell the only way to display the time in a calendar, Average Time per day for all locations is in seconds.  

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 11.28.15 AM.png 

We want it to display as '0:07:52'

Any advice will be helpful. 

Comments

• nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

Have you checked the idea exchange to see whether that idea has been suggested yet?  I seem to remember this coming up before:

http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-How-would-you-make-Domo/idb-p/Ideas

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • McSQL
    McSQL Domo Employee

There is a beast mode that converts a number to the format: sec_to_time(AVG(`columnname`)). This could be used in a table card to show the exact time component.

Unfortunately, I think you may lose your color differences if you use this in the card, because it may not be able to compare the resulting values.

Another possible view would be a simple line or bar chart that is graphed by day. This would show the differences day by day and would give an easier view into variation day by day. Is there a specific reason you need to use the calendar view and not another chart type?

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Unfortunately, that does not work.

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 12.06.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 12.06.52 PM.pngSmiley Sad

• quinnj
    quinnj Domo Employee
    Matthew, you may need to create/change the beast mode and then save the card. Sometimes when changing a beast mode, the actual results are not shown until the card is saved.
  • nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

Sadness :(

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • quinnj
    quinnj Domo Employee
    Ok, I actually just tested this out for myself. It looks like we need to put the "Average Time" column as the "Event Name" and *not* put a column in for the "Event Value". I then saved the card and I'm able to see the time format for each day.
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 12.46.47 PM.png still not what we are looking for 

• quinnj
    quinnj Domo Employee
    Unfortunately, it doesn't display the event name text on the page level. If you click on the card to see the card details, you'll be able to see the time-formatted values.
  • No it does not does not display it on the card view or the list view Smiley Sad

• quinnj
    quinnj Domo Employee
    Can you share a screenshot of the card view? That's where I can see the time-formatted values on each day.
  • nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

Could you share a screenshot of what you see in those views?

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@MReznick, can you provide the above information so the team can beter assist you? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.